High blood pressure is not a good sign for your general health, consistent high blood pressure or hypertension is a chronic illness in which pressure against the arteries is elevated. Normal blood pressure is 120/80 mmHg, there are many types of hypertension but normally it is divided into primary and secondary hypertension.
Here are some common ways to bring elevated blood pressure to normal limits. Though you must consult your physician for persistent/prolonged conditions of hypertension while we recommend you some simple lifestyle modifications that can help you to keep your BP under control. Below are some recommendation based on diet and healthy habits that will help you in this context:
CUT DOWN THE SALT (NaCl)
- Avoid canned food.
- Try to Avoid pre-cooked meals.
- Avoid Junk food like fried food, burgers, pizza, etc.
- Whenever buy food doesn’t forget to read the label.
AVERAGE SALT REQUIREMENT for Adults= 2300mg/day= 1 small tsp
KEEP BODY WEIGHT IN LIMITS
Keep your body weight in limits, start today by
- Eat regular meals
- Don’t skip breakfast.
- Never skip the lunch.
- Eat vegetables, salad & fresh fruits.
- Drink plenty of fluids especially water.
- Eat bread, pasta, rice, and cereals.
- Avoid soda Drinks, rich in calories high sugar levels no benefit, prone to DIABETES, CARIES in tooth
“SAY NO TO TIN FOOD/CANNED FOOD“
REMOVE STRESS FROM LIFE
- Adopt peaceful living
- Stress increase overall health risk
- Decreasing stress helps in lowering BP.
- Quit Smoking, it helps in lowering BP & also decreases the risk of developing high blood pressure.
ENGAGE YOURSELF IN SOME HOBBY
- Reading Books