Since early days we read a proverb “a healthy body keeps healthy mind“. True for all ages!
“We feel emotions in our bodies,” wrote Dr. Arthur Barsky, professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School in his book Worried Sick: Our Troubled Quest for Wellness. And some emotions can deeply harm us. Learn how to achieve a healthier state of mind.
“By changing our minds, we really can change our lives”
asserts Dr. Coral Arvon, Director of Behavioral Health and Wellness at the Pritikin Longevity Center in Miami, USA.
Writes Dr. Barsky: “We ‘burn’ with anger, ‘tremble’ with fear, feel ‘choked up’ with sadness; our ‘stomachs turn’ with revulsion. That’s the bad news The good news is that we have the power to change negative thoughts and feelings into positive, rational, motivating thoughts, and in doing so, help create a healthy mind in a healthy body.
Focusing the mind-body health is very important because it can greatly boost our chances of achieving what we want in life, including a fitter, healthier lifestyle.
Healthy Body & Healthy Mind Connection
Some 4000 years ago, physicians in China noticed that emotions, life events, and coping skills can have a very strong influence on health. Today western country scientists are also of the same observation & findings that human emotions can deeply affect someone’s health.
Chronic Stress Can Lead to:
- Storage of Fats in our body.
- Retaining salt in the body
- Lowering body’s resistance to contagious diseases.
- Promote diabetes
- Cholesterol deposition in blood vessels
And this all results in a high heart rate, an increase in blood pressure, thickening of blood that may lead to making you more prone to suffering heart disease.
Tips for a Healthy and Heart Loving Lifestyle
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily, keep yourself hydrated that will help your mind remain active and lowers your stress level.
- Take a healthy diet, fruits, and vegetables: eating too much fruit good or bad?
- Get on a schedule for exercise.
- Get proper Sleep
- Don’t Exhaust your body
- Include superfoods in your diet plan: Mushrooms the undervalued superfood!
These are the just few of tips to keep a healthy mind in healthy body.
This article is written by staff at LiveFitPK and intended for general awareness & knowledge sharing purpose only.